Welcome to my blog

This is my diary blog which I started when I retired from the Civil Service in April 2010. I like to include some of the things that I see and do with as many photographs as possible. Thank you for visiting my blog I hope you enjoyed it and will return to see what I have been doing. Or you could always join and be one of my followers.

If you would like to use one of my photographs then please ask me first, as they are all subject to copyright.

If you are interested in my crafts then I have added these to my crafting blog -
http://lynnes-crafting.blogspot.com/





Search

Sunday, 5 September 2010

Camber, Lydd, Dungeness, Hythe and Folkstone

After leaving Rye we drove down to Camber, both Rob and I had spent holidays there as children. But I cannot image how we got to Camber in those days or even where we stayed.  The beach was looking very quiet and peaceful. 

We then drove through Lydd, where once upon a time many years ago I did some marshalling at a motor race meeting, did not find the circuit on this visit.    We went on to Dungeness to admire the power station (or perhaps not), we did see the lighthouse which was prepared for a wedding but managed to miss the Romney, Hythe and Dymchurch railway.
We went on to Hythe on our quest to find somewhere for an afternoon tea and ended up at Folkestone.   Folkestone, however, is not worthy of any pictures, harsh but true.  

All in all a very pleasant couple of days.

5 comments:

  1. What a small world - we went to that corner of the world a couple of years ago at a bellringing outing, taking lunch at Dungeness and ringing in Lydd amongst other places. You can see some scrapbook pages I made of the photos here:
    http://petra.hostit.us/scrapbook/
    (My old website - haven't had time yet to transfer everything to the new site...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha your comments about Folkestone made me laugh. Hope you enjoyed your trip to Kent, the best county (in my opinion) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Lynne,

    I am from a company called Garden of England Cottages. We are putting together our 2011 brochure and would very much like to use the image of Dungeness Lighthouse in our section promoting the attractions along the Kent Coast. If you have any questions please feel free to call us on 01892 510117.

    We would of course be happy to credit you in our brochure as well as send you a copy once it is finished.

    I look forward to hearing from you,

    best Regards

    Luke
    Garden of England Cottages
    tel: 01892 510117
    email: info@gardenofenglandcottages.co.uk
    web: www.gardenofenglandcottages.co.uk
    address: Clayfield House, 50 St Johns Road, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN4 9NY

    ReplyDelete
  4. Luke, I will be delighted if you use my photograph and it will be good to be credited for the picture and would love to receive a copy of the brochure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lynne,

    Many thanks for that, if you send your address to luke@gardenofenglandcottages.co.uk then I can arrange for a brochure to be sent to you when it is finished.

    ReplyDelete