Welcome to my blog

This is my diary blog which I started when I retired from the Civil Service in April 2010. I like to include some of the things that I see and do with as many photographs as possible. Thank you for visiting my blog I hope you enjoyed it and will return to see what I have been doing. Or you could always join and be one of my followers.

If you would like to use one of my photographs then please ask me first, as they are all subject to copyright.

If you are interested in my crafts then I have added these to my crafting blog -
http://lynnes-crafting.blogspot.com/





Search

Friday, 22 October 2010

Blue Peter Whizz Kids Christmas Appeal

I have been doing some voluntary work for the Blue Peter Whizz Kids Christmas Appeal.  The appeal consists of kids making Christmas cards to be sold in Tescos.  Once the appeal was launched packs of cards together with items to stick on the cards were sent out.  The appeal had such an overwhelming response that it meant the number of cards and packs had to be reduced so that all those that applied could receive a pack.   Now the decorated cards are coming in they are being package up in plastic wallets to be sent out to Tesco and will be on sale very soon.  It is not the most exciting work, but lovely to see all the hardwork that has gone into making the cards.  



This is the room (well half of the room), in Victoria SW1, where all the work is taking place.

1 comment:

  1. Good of you, going all the way to London for voluntary work! And here's me, thinking I have it hard packing up Christmas cards for charity AT HOME! I suppose I don't only pack them but sell them as well... It comes around every year so quickly, and does take up quite some time, although it's of course nowhere on the scale of the Whizz-Kid project! Must have a look at the cards at Tesco's...

    ReplyDelete