Welcome to my blog

This is my diary blog which I started when I retired from the Civil Service in April 2010. I like to include some of the things that I see and do with as many photographs as possible. Thank you for visiting my blog I hope you enjoyed it and will return to see what I have been doing. Or you could always join and be one of my followers.

If you would like to use one of my photographs then please ask me first, as they are all subject to copyright.

If you are interested in my crafts then I have added these to my crafting blog -
http://lynnes-crafting.blogspot.com/





Search

Tuesday, 5 October 2010

Digital Photography Course - Week 3

Week 3 - first I must mention the journey to the college, I know I have to get 2 buses or a train and bus but it took nearly 2 hours to get to the college today.   It seems that looping trees on each of 4 roads that meet at a crossroads is a good idea, after all why distrupt 2 lines of traffic when you cause 4 queues of traffic.   Despite all of this I made it to college and was a little late. 

This week we used the computers to look at our pictures and change some aspects of them.  We used a  software called Picasa, which is free!  

I have added some photos with the originals so differences can be seen. 

Original photo

Cropped photo

Black and White Photo

Original night photo

Once it has been cropped and straightened



Original Photo

Photo with a tinted background








1 comment:

  1. Sounds like quite the journey. One does occasionally have to question the wisdom of those in charge...
    It's interesting to see the changes in the photos. I love playing around with my photos almost as much as taking them! (I use Adobe's Photoshop CS2 - does the job for me, don't fancy upgrading to a newer version...) It's interesting how one can change a photo digitally and enhance it, or make it look really rather different. The tinted version of Victoria is strange but really makes her stand out!

    ReplyDelete