Welcome to my blog

This is my diary blog which I started when I retired from the Civil Service in April 2010. I like to include some of the things that I see and do with as many photographs as possible. Thank you for visiting my blog I hope you enjoyed it and will return to see what I have been doing. Or you could always join and be one of my followers.

If you would like to use one of my photographs then please ask me first, as they are all subject to copyright.

If you are interested in my crafts then I have added these to my crafting blog -
http://lynnes-crafting.blogspot.com/





Search

Tuesday, 12 October 2010

Digital Photography Course - Week 4

I had no problems getting to the course this week, I didn't take any chances and went a different route, by train and bus. 

This weeks class was about White Balance and understanding how light appears as different colours depending on light available.  It took awhile to find the White Balance on the camera and now I know that the AWB doesn't mean Average White Band, but Automatic White Balance.   It appears that I have various white balance settings; daylight, cloudy, tungsten, fluorescent and fluorescent H (daylight fluorescent).   There is a custom setting too but I am sure that will come later. 

Having found all these setting we then took some photographs of the same subject to see how they varied.  Below are the results:-

Automatic














Daylight














Cloudy














Tungsten














Fluorescent

4 comments:

  1. Amazing the differences in the settings - who would have ever guessed!! Which one is "technically" the best?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably the daylight and cloudy settings for this particular photo subject.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would say that daylight is best. I will have to check my camera to see if it has all of these settings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's amazing how different the pictures come out! Worth knowing, although I have no idea where on my camera I would find these settings. Wshed I had a manual for the thing.

    ReplyDelete