Welcome to my blog

This is my diary blog which I started when I retired from the Civil Service in April 2010. I like to include some of the things that I see and do with as many photographs as possible. Thank you for visiting my blog I hope you enjoyed it and will return to see what I have been doing. Or you could always join and be one of my followers.

If you would like to use one of my photographs then please ask me first, as they are all subject to copyright.

If you are interested in my crafts then I have added these to my crafting blog -
http://lynnes-crafting.blogspot.com/





Search

Tuesday, 30 November 2010

Digital Photography Course - Week 10

This is the last week of my photography course and I feel I have come quite along way.   I happily take my camera off auto.  I use white balance, increase or decrease the ISO setting, use the other modes available depending on the subject.  I also have more idea about the composition of my photographs and how to crop and alter them to create much better pictures.

As the weather was so bad today, heavy snow, there were only 4 of us that made it to the class.   We looked at taking good Christmas photos and also the use of candlelight.   

I took this picture of the other students and he is lit by candlelight.

Here are the candles taken on Portrait mode, making the close candle in focus and the remainder out of focus. 

1 comment:

  1. Nice pictures. And good to hear you enjoyed the course and have a feeling of achievement. It has rubbed off just a little bit on me: I have started to look at the various modes and choose things other than portrait or Landscape now, according to what I'm doing! But haven't experimented with changing anything else yet...

    ReplyDelete