Welcome to my blog

This is my diary blog which I started when I retired from the Civil Service in April 2010. I like to include some of the things that I see and do with as many photographs as possible. Thank you for visiting my blog I hope you enjoyed it and will return to see what I have been doing. Or you could always join and be one of my followers.

If you would like to use one of my photographs then please ask me first, as they are all subject to copyright.

If you are interested in my crafts then I have added these to my crafting blog -
http://lynnes-crafting.blogspot.com/





Search

Saturday, 13 November 2010

Fiesole

Day 3 - we took the no. 7 bus from Piazza di San Marco to Fiesole.   We started with a look around a look around the remains of the Roman theatre and baths.   



 













During the visit we acquired a little friend, we named him Oscar (or was is Romeo) and he made himself comfortable on Rochelle's lap.










We stopped for lunch (a rather large Pizza) in the town square before making our way up to the steep hill to the San Francesco church. 


<< town square
 
<< restaurants



                                      pizza>>



It was lovely and peaceful at the top of the hill.  The sun had come out which meant the view of Florence was hidden in a heat haze.
 










Courtyard of the San Francesco church

 










1 comment:

  1. Oh boy, heat haze sounds like something very desirable right here right now! Must have been a lovely day out. The San Francesco church looks beautiful, and I love Roman remains like those in your photos. (Have a look at my Wiltshire photo album on the website!)

    ReplyDelete