Welcome to my blog

This is my diary blog which I started when I retired from the Civil Service in April 2010. I like to include some of the things that I see and do with as many photographs as possible. Thank you for visiting my blog I hope you enjoyed it and will return to see what I have been doing. Or you could always join and be one of my followers.

If you would like to use one of my photographs then please ask me first, as they are all subject to copyright.

If you are interested in my crafts then I have added these to my crafting blog -
http://lynnes-crafting.blogspot.com/





Search

Thursday, 11 November 2010

Florence - Ponte Vecchio

Once we had checked in at the hotel we walked further into the city towards the Ponte Vecchio the bridge over the Arno.  The bridge is full of jewellers and goldsmith shops it is quite a sight. 

The following are views from the Ponte Vecchio looking up and down the Arno.

1 comment:

  1. Very beautiful/scenic. And quite a surprise to see that bridge and hear about the jewellers: I'm just loading up my Wiltshire holiday album and looked up some details on Pulteney Bridge in Bath and Wiki tells me that it is one of only 4 bridges worldwide that have shops acorss their whole span. I wonder if the Ponte Veccio is also one...

    ReplyDelete