Welcome to my blog

This is my diary blog which I started when I retired from the Civil Service in April 2010. I like to include some of the things that I see and do with as many photographs as possible. Thank you for visiting my blog I hope you enjoyed it and will return to see what I have been doing. Or you could always join and be one of my followers.

If you would like to use one of my photographs then please ask me first, as they are all subject to copyright.

If you are interested in my crafts then I have added these to my crafting blog -
http://lynnes-crafting.blogspot.com/





Search

Friday, 31 December 2010

Happy New Year

It is New Years Eve and after a not particularly great Christmas I thought it was time to go out and blow the cobwebs away and think positively about 2011. 

I took myself out to Hampton Court, I didn't go into the Palace but had a wondered around the outside.  The Palace is quite lovely and so is the surrounding area and I must come back here when it is a little warmer.
There was one very funny looking tree near the Palace which seemed to have bundles of mistletoe all through it. 









It is also that time of year to have an ice rink and carousel in the grounds, but they are only here for a short period of time (I am pleased to say).











It was a very pleasant stroll around although it was very chilly and a nice way to spend some of New Years Eve. 

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! What a nice way to spend New Year's Eve daytime. Hampton Court Palace is lovely, yes (didn't know they do a funfair in winter). I'm also planning to visit there again this year - maybe we should meet there one day for a stroll together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Petra, that would be a lovely idea and I look forward to it.

    ReplyDelete