Welcome to my blog

This is my diary blog which I started when I retired from the Civil Service in April 2010. I like to include some of the things that I see and do with as many photographs as possible. Thank you for visiting my blog I hope you enjoyed it and will return to see what I have been doing. Or you could always join and be one of my followers.

If you would like to use one of my photographs then please ask me first, as they are all subject to copyright.

If you are interested in my crafts then I have added these to my crafting blog -
http://lynnes-crafting.blogspot.com/





Search

Wednesday, 29 December 2010

The most dangerous cake recipe in the world

I was given this recipe some years ago but it still a favourite of mine and I thought I share it with the rest of the world.   It is called the 5 minute chocolate mug cake.

First take one large coffee mug and add the following dry ingredients:-
4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa

mix well then add the following:-
one egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil

mix thoroughly and then add the following (optional) indgredients:-
3 tablespoons chocolate chips
small splash of vanilla extract

mix again.

Now place your mug in the microwave and cook for 2 minutes at 1000 watts.   (the original recipe stated cooking for 3 minutes but I think this is too long)
                                             
The cake will rise over the top of the mug, not be alarmed by this.

(I think I should have used a slightly larger coffee mug)




Allow to cool a little, tip out onto a place and EAT!  (this could serve 2 !!!)


And why is this the most dangerous cake recipe it the world?
because now you are only 5 minutes away from a chocolate cake at any time day or night.

2 comments:

  1. Aahh I remember you giving me this recipe - it is yummy! The only problem here is we don't have a microwave (even more reason to invest in one I think!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous!!! Will definitely copy this recipe and try it out. How fun would that be to whip up a cake in 5 minutes for a surprise guest... TFS.

    ReplyDelete