Welcome to my blog

This is my diary blog which I started when I retired from the Civil Service in April 2010. I like to include some of the things that I see and do with as many photographs as possible. Thank you for visiting my blog I hope you enjoyed it and will return to see what I have been doing. Or you could always join and be one of my followers.

If you would like to use one of my photographs then please ask me first, as they are all subject to copyright.

If you are interested in my crafts then I have added these to my crafting blog -
http://lynnes-crafting.blogspot.com/





Search

Friday, 18 February 2011

Windsor

My friend Val and I went to Windsor for the day.  This was mainly a pottering about day so we wondered up the high street and passed the castle, the crooked building and down some of the shopping streets. 
 




 
 










 After a very nice lunch in the arcade which forms part of the central station we went to see the railway steam engine - The Queen.  
We then went over the bridge to Eton.  On the other side of the bridge there are some stainless steel bollards made by Wendy Ramshaw OBE and a tower bollard with a lens.  These are the bollards and the views through the lens.
A view through the lens of Eton High Street.
A view through the lens of Windsor
The walk along Eton High Street is very pleasant and there are some interesting shops and we found this lovely courtyard.
While in Windsor and Eton I could not resist ignore the old post boxes.
I have included a few more of the photos of Windsor on the my flickr photostream.

1 comment:

  1. Windsor's just around the corner from me, really... Enjoyed looking at your photos because they are quite like some of mine, hehe. I've never ventured into Eton, though - definitely one of the trips for this year! Love those "through the lens" shots!

    ReplyDelete