Welcome to my blog

This is my diary blog which I started when I retired from the Civil Service in April 2010. I like to include some of the things that I see and do with as many photographs as possible. Thank you for visiting my blog I hope you enjoyed it and will return to see what I have been doing. Or you could always join and be one of my followers.

If you would like to use one of my photographs then please ask me first, as they are all subject to copyright.

If you are interested in my crafts then I have added these to my crafting blog -
http://lynnes-crafting.blogspot.com/





Search

Sunday, 13 February 2011

Spring Term - Digital Photography course - week 4

Week 4 - we reviewed what we had learnt over the last couple of weeks with the aperture and shutter speed.  We then looked at the historgram which appears on the screen and how it can help when look at your photo and decide whether you need to make any adjustment to the light etc.  I think this something that is going to take sometime to get used to.  But even if the histogram is showing you that the photo is too light or too dark if you like the photo and you are happy with then leave it alone.

<< This shows the histogram

>>
This is the histogram and also the amount of Red, Green and Blue in the photo


Our homework is to take some night shots including taking some photos with a slow shutter speed.  These should be interesting pictures and I will include them in another posting on the blog. 

1 comment:

  1. Ah, yes, I remember having seen these things on the screen and wondered what they are about... :) I suppose I'm not a full-blooded photographer - that sounds like way to complicated and too time-consuming...

    ReplyDelete