Welcome to my blog

This is my diary blog which I started when I retired from the Civil Service in April 2010. I like to include some of the things that I see and do with as many photographs as possible. Thank you for visiting my blog I hope you enjoyed it and will return to see what I have been doing. Or you could always join and be one of my followers.

If you would like to use one of my photographs then please ask me first, as they are all subject to copyright.

If you are interested in my crafts then I have added these to my crafting blog -
http://lynnes-crafting.blogspot.com/





Search

Sunday, 27 March 2011

Kensington Gardens and Hyde Park

On Thursday I had a day trip into London, for a golf lesson, I will not bother to go into too many details about the lesson as the tutor did not impress me in the slightest with his attitude or lack of people skills.   So moving on I went to Kensington Garden, it was a lovely sunny warm day and I had a picnic in the park. 

I wanted to find the Peter Pan statue, which I did.

I then saw Anish Kapoor's Sky Mirror Sculpture.  I did have to google to find out what this was.









There were loads of swans but also saw a heron on the Serpentine.










Came across the bandstand and I thought this made quite a good picture.

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures. The Peter Pan statue is lovely. Golf, hm? Are you thinking of taking it up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to give golf a try but not sure I want to take it up.

    ReplyDelete