Welcome to my blog

This is my diary blog which I started when I retired from the Civil Service in April 2010. I like to include some of the things that I see and do with as many photographs as possible. Thank you for visiting my blog I hope you enjoyed it and will return to see what I have been doing. Or you could always join and be one of my followers.

If you would like to use one of my photographs then please ask me first, as they are all subject to copyright.

If you are interested in my crafts then I have added these to my crafting blog -
http://lynnes-crafting.blogspot.com/





Search

Saturday, 2 April 2011

Titanic Exhibition

Thursday I met my friend Sarah at Greenwich North so we could go to the O2, (it used to be called the Millennium Dome) to see the Titanic Exhibition.  You have a timed entrance, just as well as it got quite busy. 

The exhibition consisted of the story of the building of the ship, stories of some of the passengers, finding the wreck and some of the artifacts.  All of which were very interesting.

When you enter the exhibition you are given a boarding pass and the name of an individual that travelled on the Titanic.  I was Mrs Elizabeth Nye and the reverse of the boarding pass gives you some information about the person.  Towards the end of exhibition you can check on the list of passengers to see if you survived the sinking of the Titanic or not.   




1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a fun exhibition - reminds me a bit of the Lord of the Rings exhibition that was in London some years back. I like the tweak with the boarding pass and being one of the people on the ship...

    ReplyDelete