Welcome to my blog

This is my diary blog which I started when I retired from the Civil Service in April 2010. I like to include some of the things that I see and do with as many photographs as possible. Thank you for visiting my blog I hope you enjoyed it and will return to see what I have been doing. Or you could always join and be one of my followers.

If you would like to use one of my photographs then please ask me first, as they are all subject to copyright.

If you are interested in my crafts then I have added these to my crafting blog -
http://lynnes-crafting.blogspot.com/





Search

Friday, 24 June 2011

London Wetlands Centre

I booked myself in for a photography day at the London Wetlands Centre in Barnes. http://www.wwt.org.uk/visit-us/london   This was a birthday present to myself.   The day was taken by Iain Green (Photographer) http://www.naturebygreen.com/profile/  and it started with a really useful talk to get us to think about what we wanted to photograph and how to prepare for taking those photos.   He showed us some of his amazing pictures taken both in the UK and abroad.   We then went outside, in the morning we went to the Wildside and in the afternoon we visited the Waterlife area.   There was so much to see and enjoy and we were lucky with the weather too. 

Iain was available for us to ask questions and to give us loads of advice on the use of our cameras, getting some good shots and where to find some of the elusive creatures and plants.  
I don't think my photographs of the wildlife were particularly good and my knowledge of birds etc has not improved.  I seem to do better with flora, as they don't move as fast!  Below is a link to my flickr photostream from todays visit.  http://www.flickr.com/photos/58563435@N02/sets/72157627037964252/

It was a really good day and the Wetland Centre is definitely worth a visit.   And if you are into photography then I would recommend booking on one of the photography days.

1 comment:

  1. I think you've got some really interesting photos - hard to choose a favourite but I thought the flying bee and the one with the pinkish brackets of flowers are very good. Also great meadow shots with focus and blur. The "spider web larder" reminds me of my daily photo for yesterday - have a look! :)

    ReplyDelete