Welcome to my blog

This is my diary blog which I started when I retired from the Civil Service in April 2010. I like to include some of the things that I see and do with as many photographs as possible. Thank you for visiting my blog I hope you enjoyed it and will return to see what I have been doing. Or you could always join and be one of my followers.

If you would like to use one of my photographs then please ask me first, as they are all subject to copyright.

If you are interested in my crafts then I have added these to my crafting blog -
http://lynnes-crafting.blogspot.com/





Search

Saturday, 30 July 2011

St Pancras Station

I started my weekend away at St Pancras Station.  It is quite sometime since I was at the station and it was change a great deal.  The first thing I noticed was the Olympic rings, they are very impressive which is the idea and you cannot be missed by those arriving from the continent.  
I didn't get the opportunity to take any photographs of the outside of the building only the inside architecture, maybe next time.
The Meeting Place sculpture stands at the front of the station and a quite a size!
But I also came across the statue of Sir John Betjeman which was unveiled at the re-opening of the station and is to celebrate his role in saving the station.   Great statue.
I have added a few more photographs onto my flickr photostream.

1 comment:

  1. Love the Betjeman statue, and as always your detail photos are great. I love the one from behind as well - he looks so REAL, as if he might just walk away...

    ReplyDelete