Welcome to my blog

This is my diary blog which I started when I retired from the Civil Service in April 2010. I like to include some of the things that I see and do with as many photographs as possible. Thank you for visiting my blog I hope you enjoyed it and will return to see what I have been doing. Or you could always join and be one of my followers.

If you would like to use one of my photographs then please ask me first, as they are all subject to copyright.

If you are interested in my crafts then I have added these to my crafting blog -
http://lynnes-crafting.blogspot.com/





Search

Wednesday, 24 August 2011

ARC Gloria in London

I went up to London today to see the ARC Gloria, the Colombian Navy's three-masted training ship.  The ship has returned to London after 18 years as part of its 2011 international tour.  Commanded by Captain Gabriel Pérez, the Armada República de Colombia (ARC) “Gloria” is the official flagship and sail-training ship of the Colombian Navy. The ship is on a goodwill tour of the world and the ship left its home port of Cartagena, Colombia, on 13 May and has since visited ports in the United States, Ireland, Denmark, Sweden and Holland. It has a crew of 163, including 81 final-year cadets from the Colombian Naval Academy and “Argos”,the ship’s navy-trained Labrador.




The ship is moored in South Quay, West India Docks, London, near to the South Quay DLR station.  The ship arrived on Tuesday 23 August and will depart on Friday 26 August for it's onward trip to Spain, Morocco and Caribbean before heading home to Colombia.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, love it. Shame I missed that one - I love tallships.

    ReplyDelete