Welcome to my blog

This is my diary blog which I started when I retired from the Civil Service in April 2010. I like to include some of the things that I see and do with as many photographs as possible. Thank you for visiting my blog I hope you enjoyed it and will return to see what I have been doing. Or you could always join and be one of my followers.

If you would like to use one of my photographs then please ask me first, as they are all subject to copyright.

If you are interested in my crafts then I have added these to my crafting blog -
http://lynnes-crafting.blogspot.com/





Search

Friday, 23 September 2011

Dislocated finger

Yesterday I did something really stupid, I tripped over some wires (that should not have been there - my fault!) and I fell.  My left hand went down to save myself and when I looked at my hand my index finger was not in the right place, it was pointing upwards when it should have been straight.   (no photographs to show this).  I grabbed my keys, money and my mobile and asked a neighbour to take me to hospital.

The staff at the hospital were all quite facinated by the direction of my finger.  I was more concerned amout the pain of putting back into place.  I had quite a bit of gas and air and eventually they pulled it back into place.  It is now bound to the middle finger and looking a little swollen and bruised.  

The x-rays indicate no fracture but I have been asked ro go back next week to have it checked out.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, but it didn't hurt when I did. It just looked nasty and my main concern was getting to the hospital as I thought I had broken my finger. I think it hurts more now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor thing. I hope it'll mend soon and not give you pain for much longer...

    ReplyDelete