Welcome to my blog

This is my diary blog which I started when I retired from the Civil Service in April 2010. I like to include some of the things that I see and do with as many photographs as possible. Thank you for visiting my blog I hope you enjoyed it and will return to see what I have been doing. Or you could always join and be one of my followers.

If you would like to use one of my photographs then please ask me first, as they are all subject to copyright.

If you are interested in my crafts then I have added these to my crafting blog -
http://lynnes-crafting.blogspot.com/





Search

Wednesday, 12 October 2011

V&A Museum of Childhood - Bethnal Green

Yesterday my friend Debbie and I went to the Museum of Childhood at Bethnal Green.   I have been to the museum before but it is a very very long time ago and I don't remember much about it.   
The museum is housed in what appears to be one large room although there are a couple of levels on each side of the main room.   The artefacts are housed in glass cabinets but there are also quite a few items for children to play with and try out.  


There were quite a few dolls houses and some of them were quite amazing 

It was quite noisy as there were a couple of school groups and the noise echoes around the hall.


More photographs on flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/V&A Museum of Childhood

2 comments:

  1. I visited there a couple of times when I was in Primary school and can remember really enjoying myself. Another place to go back to some day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your detail photos of the dolls houses - how did you get them so clear behind the glass? Looks like another interesting museum...

    ReplyDelete