Welcome to my blog

This is my diary blog which I started when I retired from the Civil Service in April 2010. I like to include some of the things that I see and do with as many photographs as possible. Thank you for visiting my blog I hope you enjoyed it and will return to see what I have been doing. Or you could always join and be one of my followers.

If you would like to use one of my photographs then please ask me first, as they are all subject to copyright.

If you are interested in my crafts then I have added these to my crafting blog -
http://lynnes-crafting.blogspot.com/





Search

Sunday, 9 October 2011

Weekend away with school friends - 2011

Last weekend my school friends, Kate, Jane, Sally and myself went to Sinah Warren on Hayling Island.   This was our annual weekend get together.  We travelled down on Friday, in the lovely sunshine.  
On the Saturday we went Portsmouth, via the ferry and bus to visit the Portsmouth Historic Dockyard, where we visited HMS Warrior, HMS Victory and we did a tour of the harbour.  We did not manage to see everything in the dockyard but fortunately the ticket (which is expensive at £21.50) does mean you can return during the year.  
More photographs on flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/Portsmouth


Following our visit to the dockyard we went to Gunwharf Quay shopping centre, where I found a number of American Police cars on display.
I have downloaded my photographs on to flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/Gunwharf Quay


In the evening at Sinah Warren we had a Hot Chocolate Tribute Band who were very good.










On the Sunday we took a trip to Chichester for a look around the city and the Cathedral.
Then after lunch we went down to Bosham we enjoyed a stroll around and an ice cream.  
Further photographs on flickr.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/Chichester and Bosham

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lynne! it sounds like you had a fantastic time, it's always nice to get together with friends :o) Hugs, Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a great trip again; it's such a great idea to keep this going every year. We are just planning a meeting of three old school friends in Oxford for next year - one of them now lives near Oxford, the other one has to come from Germany. Maybe it will grow into a regular meeting, too!
    I looked at all your photos on Flickr again - love those detail photos on the ships - buckets, cannon balls, etc. The cannons are especially interesting with the focus not on the closest but further away - interesting and very effective! your photos are always an inspiration! The flood warning sign is a classic, too!

    ReplyDelete