Welcome to my blog

This is my diary blog which I started when I retired from the Civil Service in April 2010. I like to include some of the things that I see and do with as many photographs as possible. Thank you for visiting my blog I hope you enjoyed it and will return to see what I have been doing. Or you could always join and be one of my followers.

If you would like to use one of my photographs then please ask me first, as they are all subject to copyright.

If you are interested in my crafts then I have added these to my crafting blog -
http://lynnes-crafting.blogspot.com/





Search

Friday, 11 November 2011

Armistice Day - 2011

Today is Armistice Day also known as Remembrance Day or Poppy Day.  The day is to recall the official end of World War I in 1918.  The hostilities formally ended " at the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month of 1918 with the German signing of the Armistice.  


At 11.00 am there was a two-minute silence were millions across the UK remember those brave heroes that fought and died for their country.


They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old: 
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn. 
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, 
We will remember them.


---ooOoo---

And today is also 11/11/11 - 11th November 2011

2 comments:

  1. Did you go to London to get a piccie of Big Ben at 11 o'clock???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a visit to London but a TV shot!

    ReplyDelete