Welcome to my blog

This is my diary blog which I started when I retired from the Civil Service in April 2010. I like to include some of the things that I see and do with as many photographs as possible. Thank you for visiting my blog I hope you enjoyed it and will return to see what I have been doing. Or you could always join and be one of my followers.

If you would like to use one of my photographs then please ask me first, as they are all subject to copyright.

If you are interested in my crafts then I have added these to my crafting blog -
http://lynnes-crafting.blogspot.com/





Search

Wednesday, 11 January 2012

Around Tower Bridge with ..............

.....my niece.    Laura and I met at London Bridge Station and took a walk across London Bridge and stopped for a bit of lunch.  We then walked along Lower Thames Street so we could visit St Dunstans in the East.  This is a Wren church that was damaged in the Great Fire of London, rebuilt and then damaged in the Blitz. The tower still remains and the outer walls but inner part of the church is a garden and a pleasant quiet place.
We then walked towards the Tower of London and Tower Bridge and here we are.
We walked up and over the Bridge there we we saw men at work.
We then walked back to London Bridge Station, stopping off for a coffee on the way.


A very nice afternoon!

1 comment:

  1. Well done for all the walking. I visited St Dunstan's in the East a couple of years back with the London Goth Group Walk. Was invited by a friend because the walk was entitled "Churches, Crypts and Clerics" and led by a real vicar who is also a goth!, so she thought it would interest me, and it was indeed a wonderful mix of walking, sightseeing some not so famous churches and hearing stories of their past. St Dunstan's was the one I loved best - really tranquil in the heart of the city and an old gem between the highrises...

    ReplyDelete