Welcome to my blog

This is my diary blog which I started when I retired from the Civil Service in April 2010. I like to include some of the things that I see and do with as many photographs as possible. Thank you for visiting my blog I hope you enjoyed it and will return to see what I have been doing. Or you could always join and be one of my followers.

If you would like to use one of my photographs then please ask me first, as they are all subject to copyright.

If you are interested in my crafts then I have added these to my crafting blog -
http://lynnes-crafting.blogspot.com/





Search

Sunday, 1 January 2012

Happy New Year - welcome to 2012

Happy New Year

The fireworks in London were spectacular and were set off from Big Ben as the clock struck 12.  I watched from the comfort of my sofa but they were pretty amazing on the TV.  Let's hope 2012 is a really good year for one and all.  

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you, too!
    We saw the fireworks on iBBC yesterday - I liked the beginning, like in your photo, but wasn't so sure about some of it later on. Didn't like the music and sometimes the fireworks were a bit of an overkill, like a wall of white light...? Seen better, I'm afraid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were fantastic, we watched from the comfort of the sofa at my parents too. I was so glad to get to see the new year in with Big Ben this year!

    ReplyDelete