Welcome to my blog

This is my diary blog which I started when I retired from the Civil Service in April 2010. I like to include some of the things that I see and do with as many photographs as possible. Thank you for visiting my blog I hope you enjoyed it and will return to see what I have been doing. Or you could always join and be one of my followers.

If you would like to use one of my photographs then please ask me first, as they are all subject to copyright.

If you are interested in my crafts then I have added these to my crafting blog -
http://lynnes-crafting.blogspot.com/





Search

Saturday, 28 January 2012

HMS Liverpool in London

HMS Liverpool

HMS Liverpool recently returned from a seven-month deployment off Libya where she played a key role as part of NATO's task force during the conflict - she also became the first Royal Navy warship to be fired upon in 30 years and returned that fire in self-defence.


The Type 42 destroyer has reached the end of her natural life in the Royal Navy after 30 years' sterling service and will be visiting London as part of her farewell tour - she will be open to visitors on Sunday 29 January 2012, an opportunity which will never be repeated.  Visitors will have the chance not only to explore the ship, but also to chat to the brave men and women who served with distinction during the Libya hostilities.


HMS Liverpool will be alongside in West India Docks (South Quay) from 26 to 31 January 2012.  The public is invited to come on board this venerable warship when she opens to visitors on Sunday 29 January 2012 from 1000 to 1600hrs.
(source - MOD)

Further photos on flickr - HMS Liverpool in London

2 comments:

  1. So, did you actually get to see her inside or were you there at the wrong time? Would have been interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was open to the public on the Sunday but I could not make it that day. So had to make do with seeing the outside of the ship only.

    ReplyDelete