Welcome to my blog

This is my diary blog which I started when I retired from the Civil Service in April 2010. I like to include some of the things that I see and do with as many photographs as possible. Thank you for visiting my blog I hope you enjoyed it and will return to see what I have been doing. Or you could always join and be one of my followers.

If you would like to use one of my photographs then please ask me first, as they are all subject to copyright.

If you are interested in my crafts then I have added these to my crafting blog -
http://lynnes-crafting.blogspot.com/





Search

Saturday, 28 January 2012

Tonbridge Castle

On Wednesday I went to Tonbridge, Kent.  I went there to meet my brother, Lance and to finally meet my half-brother Steve all of which is a post for another day.   But while in Tonbridge I thought I would do some sightseeing and I visited the Castle.
There is not much left of the Castle now, just the Gateway but it has been turned into an interesting exhibition and you have a audio handset to explain your journey around the Castle.  There is also an audio-visual section in the Guardroom and there are various models about the Castle.  

It is not a very large Castle to visit but it is worth the visit.

There are a few more photos on my flickr Tonbridge Castle

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lynne! the castle is neat. I have never been in a castle before so this would be an awesome castle to visit. Thank you for sharing your trip with us :o) Hugs Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos on Flickr. I always enjoy your detail photos because they give a good impression of what the places are like. If I ever get to that area I think I'll drop into Tonbridge Castle; I think I'd like it, too.

    ReplyDelete