Welcome to my blog

This is my diary blog which I started when I retired from the Civil Service in April 2010. I like to include some of the things that I see and do with as many photographs as possible. Thank you for visiting my blog I hope you enjoyed it and will return to see what I have been doing. Or you could always join and be one of my followers.

If you would like to use one of my photographs then please ask me first, as they are all subject to copyright.

If you are interested in my crafts then I have added these to my crafting blog -
http://lynnes-crafting.blogspot.com/





Search

Saturday, 7 January 2012

Yuri Gagarin statue

I took this photograph a couple of months ago while I was in London for the day.
Yuri Gagarin (1934-68)


This statue is in the centre of the British Council Plaza and is a gift from the Russian Federation Space Agency to the British Council to mark the 50th anniversary of Manned Space Flight

The statue was unveiled by HRH Prince Michael of Kent and Elena Gagarina, daughter of the first cosmonaut, on 14 July 2011.  It will remain on the Mall for 12 months and it is part of the Westminster City Council’s “City of Sculpture”  

1 comment:

  1. Nice one - I love all the sculpture in London... So what are they going to do with it after the 12 month?

    ReplyDelete