Welcome to my blog

This is my diary blog which I started when I retired from the Civil Service in April 2010. I like to include some of the things that I see and do with as many photographs as possible. Thank you for visiting my blog I hope you enjoyed it and will return to see what I have been doing. Or you could always join and be one of my followers.

If you would like to use one of my photographs then please ask me first, as they are all subject to copyright.

If you are interested in my crafts then I have added these to my crafting blog -
http://lynnes-crafting.blogspot.com/





Search

Saturday, 24 March 2012

Watercress Line

Val and I went to the Watercress Line yesterday for lovely sunny day out.   I had planned the trip because I wanted to take some photographs of steam trains and some of the old stations for my C&G.   


We got the train down to Alton and crossed over to the Mid-Hants Railway and there if felt like we had stepped back in time and saw our first steam train.  


The trains were running as part of the 3 day Spring Steam Gala.  


We boarded the train and went off to Alresford via Ropley and Medstead, both of which are lovely little stations.  


When we got to Alresford we found a place for lunch and had stroll around the shops.  Alresford is a pretty little town with some lovely cottages. 
There were a couple of items at Alresford Station that did bring back some memories, a loo with penny slot on the door and a telephone box with the buttons A & B.  
 
I have added some more photographs to my photostream

No comments:

Post a Comment