Welcome to my blog

This is my diary blog which I started when I retired from the Civil Service in April 2010. I like to include some of the things that I see and do with as many photographs as possible. Thank you for visiting my blog I hope you enjoyed it and will return to see what I have been doing. Or you could always join and be one of my followers.

If you would like to use one of my photographs then please ask me first, as they are all subject to copyright.

If you are interested in my crafts then I have added these to my crafting blog -
http://lynnes-crafting.blogspot.com/





Search

Monday, 19 March 2012

Weekend in Stony Stratford

Just back from a lovely weekend in Stony Stratford visiting my friend, Sharon, who has only been living  in her new home for a few months.   Stony Stratford is near Milton Keynes and is a very little town.  There are quite a few little independent shops, a few pubs and restaurants and a growing number of charity shops.  


I didn't really get an opportunity to take any photos but we did have a walk around the town and along the River Ouse.  We then popped into one of the pubs that does a really good afternoon tea where I had the best butterfly fairy cakes I have had since I my grandmother was alive.    In the evening we had a meal at the local Thai restaurant, which was very nice and not expensive.  


On the Sunday we had a walk in some woods, but the weather was a bit chilly to stay out too long.  I did manage to get the camera out (briefly) when I saw this tree - great colours.  


We went back home for a home cooked roast dinner.    It really was good weekend and Stony Stratford is worth a visit   

No comments:

Post a Comment