Welcome to my blog

This is my diary blog which I started when I retired from the Civil Service in April 2010. I like to include some of the things that I see and do with as many photographs as possible. Thank you for visiting my blog I hope you enjoyed it and will return to see what I have been doing. Or you could always join and be one of my followers.

If you would like to use one of my photographs then please ask me first, as they are all subject to copyright.

If you are interested in my crafts then I have added these to my crafting blog -
http://lynnes-crafting.blogspot.com/





Search

Saturday, 28 April 2012

Greys Court

Yesterday I met up with my school friends, Kate, Jane and Sally for our annual get together day, which usually happens early in the year so we can decide where to go for a weekend away later in the year.   As we have already planned our weekend away we still chose to meet up for a day out.   


As a couple of my friends and now 3 of my friends are National Trust members we decided to visit a  NT property and we went to Greys Court, which is not too far from Henley on Thames.  
Before we went into the house we took the "Felix's Gentle Path at Greys Court" walk.    The walk took us through some bluebell woods and also gave as a lovely view of the house from a vista.


The walk brings you back to the house over the Moon Bridge which takes you over the ha ha. 
We also managed a walk in the garden with the sun-shining on us.  
The house itself is a lovely Tudor Mansion and so welcoming, you felt like you could happily live there.   


We had a lovely day, dodging the heavy showers, made full use of the catering facilities and spent some time in shop too.   

No comments:

Post a Comment