Welcome to my blog

This is my diary blog which I started when I retired from the Civil Service in April 2010. I like to include some of the things that I see and do with as many photographs as possible. Thank you for visiting my blog I hope you enjoyed it and will return to see what I have been doing. Or you could always join and be one of my followers.

If you would like to use one of my photographs then please ask me first, as they are all subject to copyright.

If you are interested in my crafts then I have added these to my crafting blog -
http://lynnes-crafting.blogspot.com/





Search

Monday, 4 June 2012

Queens Diamond Jubilee Weekend

This weekend is the Queens Diamond Jubliee Weekend.   The Queen started the weekend by going to the Derby at Epsom on Saturday.   On Sunday there was a river pageant with 1,000 boats and ships going up the River Thames.  The weather unfortunately was cold, wet and windy, so I decided that I would not go into London but watched the whole thing on my warm cosy sofa.    I did take a few photos from the TV - cheating but I don't care.








The Queen, Prince Philip and other members of the royal family were on a specially commissioned Royal Barge - The Spirit of Chartwell.
As the royal barge passed the Royal Festival Hall there was a brief appearance of the War Horse which delighted the royals.
The Queen, who stood the whole time of the pageant, looked like she enjoyed it all.
Monday night there was an amazing concert outside Buckingham Palace.  Tuesday there was a service at St Pauls Cathedral followed by an appearance by the Queen and the royal family on the balcony at Buckingham Palace.  

No comments:

Post a Comment