Welcome to my blog

This is my diary blog which I started when I retired from the Civil Service in April 2010. I like to include some of the things that I see and do with as many photographs as possible. Thank you for visiting my blog I hope you enjoyed it and will return to see what I have been doing. Or you could always join and be one of my followers.

If you would like to use one of my photographs then please ask me first, as they are all subject to copyright.

If you are interested in my crafts then I have added these to my crafting blog -
http://lynnes-crafting.blogspot.com/





Search

Saturday, 2 June 2012

Verona

While Rochelle and I were staying in Desanzano we took a bus to Verona.   The journey took about an hour but it was the opportunity to see some of the countryside.  We didn't quite find the correct place to get off the bus but we eventually found the Arena.  As you can see  Verona was fairly busy with tourists.   
We made our way to Juliet's house and again it was packed with tourists but we made our way through the archway into the courtyard where there is a statue of Juliet and of course the balcony.









There was also a wall of Love Locks in the courtyard.
The view from Juliet's house was beautiful and away from the crowds Verona is very pretty.












More photos on flickr.

2 comments:

  1. I loved Verona when we visited when we went to Venice too, did you stand on Juliet's balcony?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes we stood on the balcony and looked down on the crowds of tourists.

    ReplyDelete