Welcome to my blog

This is my diary blog which I started when I retired from the Civil Service in April 2010. I like to include some of the things that I see and do with as many photographs as possible. Thank you for visiting my blog I hope you enjoyed it and will return to see what I have been doing. Or you could always join and be one of my followers.

If you would like to use one of my photographs then please ask me first, as they are all subject to copyright.

If you are interested in my crafts then I have added these to my crafting blog -
http://lynnes-crafting.blogspot.com/





Search

Friday, 6 July 2012

Brompton Cemetery

Last Sunday I went to the Brompton Cemetery as it was their open day.   The cemetery is near to West Brompton underground station so quite easy to get to.   There were lots of visitors, despite the showers, and there were organised tours of the cemetery and the catacombs which I didn't take on this occasion but might have to next time.  


I had a stroll around and found the graves of Emmeline Pankhurst and John Wisden 

As this was an open day there were also some birds of prey and also an old car taking visitors for a drive.



I will have to look out for the next open day on the Friends of Brompton Cemetery website

And I have added more photographs to my flickr photostream

1 comment: