Welcome to my blog

This is my diary blog which I started when I retired from the Civil Service in April 2010. I like to include some of the things that I see and do with as many photographs as possible. Thank you for visiting my blog I hope you enjoyed it and will return to see what I have been doing. Or you could always join and be one of my followers.

If you would like to use one of my photographs then please ask me first, as they are all subject to copyright.

If you are interested in my crafts then I have added these to my crafting blog -
http://lynnes-crafting.blogspot.com/





Search

Sunday, 5 August 2012

Olympic Football

Last December I won tickets for the Olympic Football - Mens quarter final.  My friend Rochelle and I didn't know until earlier in the week which teams we would see play on Saturday 4 August but it was Senegal -v- Mexico at Wembley.  


First we went to the Commonwealth Club to be greeted and handed our tickets, travelcard and free gifts.
We then had plenty to drink and eat plus we had the opportunity to have our photographs taken with the Olympic Torch.  
We then made our way to Wembley and came across some interesting characters.
 
We had great seats and the game was exciting and after extra time Mexico won 4 - 2.  


The crowd numbered 81,855 so arriving and leaving the stadium was pretty amazing but there were plenty of police. 
  

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a fabulous day, would have loved to have been able to go and see something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good day. We have been trying to get tickets for other events but without success. May have to try for the paralympics.

      Delete